ALOSUN Solar Hybrid System with POWERBLOCK
In this system you are still connected to the grid, but have a level of self-sufficiency and power during a grid failure. ALOSUN recommends Nedap PowerRouter – a new generation of solar inverters within the POWERBLOCK module. This providing both maximum use of self-generated solar energy, and a back-up power supply. In the event of a power failure, the PowerRouter is disconnected from the grid, and the connected load is switched to “Local out”. Any electrical devices connected will continue to be supplied with solar energy and with electricity from the batteries.
The PowerBlock PR series is the ideal hybrid/UPS or off-grid energy management system utilising the NEDAP PowerRouter. The PowerBlock offers a modular approach to energy management all contained within a custom designed enclosure. Gel, AGM or LiFePO4 battery types are used with capacities ranging from 6 kWh up to 19.2 kWh.
- Lockable enclosure(s)
- Ability to add additional battery banks
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Space saving
- 24 volt systems design
- Modular – easy to assemble
When the batteries are fully charged and only a small amount of electricity is being consumed in the house – surplus energy is normally fed into the power grid. However, the PowerRouter has an intelligent energy management facility. Using an external wired or wireless relay, additional appliances can be switched on as required – for example, a hot water system or a heat pump. This increases self-use and eliminates the need for consumption of expensive electricity from the power grid.
- If the batteries have been depleted before sunrise, electricity will be consumed from the grid.
- At sunrise, consumption will be powered by self-generated solar energy.
- If enough solar energy is being produced to cover household requirements, the PowerRouter starts charging the batteries at the same time.
- If clouds cover the sun and solar energy is no longer sufficient to supply all appliances in the house, the PowerRouter will immediately use stored electricity from the battery.
- As soon as the clouds have cleared, the batteries will be charged with the surplus solar energy again.
- If batteries are charged, surplus solar power is exported into the grid and is eligible for feed-in tarrif.
- After sunset, the PowerRouter supplies appliances in the house with the energy from the batteries.
We welcome your enquiry to discuss your self-generated energy needs, please use the Contact Form below.